I am an active duty officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. All views expressed in this blog are my personal views as an individual and not those of the Marine Corps or the Department of Defense.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Do you take Master Card?

...cause I have no visa (baddum).  So I can't spend the day seeing Istanbul.  Instead, I snuck into one of those fancy first-class lounges and I'm mooching their wifi and biscotti and watching bootleg episodes of Rome.  I'm such a rebel.  Of course if I had any guts I'd sneak into the city instead, but I don't want to create an international incident.

Since I'm stuck here though, I'll take advantage of this lightning fast (read: normal) wifi connection to upload a whole bunch of pics.  I'll work backwards, starting with my most recent stop before this one, the gilded Kuwait International Airport.





Special Services: Veiled Ladies I.D. Check
Ninja IDs also accepted


If you want fake Columbian coffee at an American chain
served by a guy from India, Kuwait's your place.

Press CTRL+ALT+طش to log in



Before Kuwait International came Ali al Salem air base.



I've been meaning to pick some new hip hop wear


YES!!


This sandwich was so good after 5 months of chow hall food that 
I had to put it down and take a picture.  Art comes in all forms.
Note the Corinthian column disguised as a Diet Coke can.


A closer look.  Weird huh.

Ranging further back in time, here are a few more dust devils...



Drive, man...DRIVE!!

Here are some random mildly amusing or interesting pictures I've taken over the past 5 months...

Ah, port-a-john humor.  Timeless.


Not the greatest spellers, Marines.  Close enough.
Do you know any Zeppelin?

On an almost unrelated note, there is a unit out here called the Scot's Guards.  I'm not making this up.  Just thought you should know.  Cool guys, though.

Well I board in 15 minutes, gotta run.  Next stop, Tel Aviv.





No comments: