I am an active duty officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. All views expressed in this blog are my personal views as an individual and not those of the Marine Corps or the Department of Defense.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

All quiet on the southern front

This is gonna be a quick one cause I only have a minute. 
  1. I am ok.  I know you've heard about the demonstrations and the violence in its various forms over the last week or so, and a few of you have contacted me to make sure I'm OK.  Fortunately, all protests in Helmand province have remained peaceful (at least to the best of my knowledge), a frankly astonishing sign of the success the Marines and Brits have had here in the former heartland of the Taliban.  To say that all is quiet in Helmand is of course a bald-face lie, but at least on this issue things have remained remarkably non-violent.
     
  2. There's been a slight modification to my mailing address that may expedite the mail-delivery process by a few days.  Use this instead:

    1STLT Me
    MASS-3 (ASLT) LASHKAR GAH
    UNIT 42041
    FPO, AP 96427-2041

    Stand by for possibly another update that will hopefully speed things up even more.
     
  3. Speaking of mail, I've already gotten a few packages so thank you to my dad and AH and also to HHM - you're the best and I want you to know how much I appreciate our friendship.
     
  4. EM/RM - your video had me dying laughing in my cot, trying not to wake the neighbors.  WHAT is on your head.  Looking forward to the next one.  AM/CM - I LOVED the video of ALM smiling and I want you to send me a framed pic of him, ok?
     
  5. One month down, five to go!
Gotta run, a decent post to follow soon I promise.

1 comment:

CM said...

Will do bro. He is growing everyday and misses his fav Uncle Marine.
-CM