I am an active duty officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. All views expressed in this blog are my personal views as an individual and not those of the Marine Corps or the Department of Defense.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ask and ye shan't receive...

You know how I'm always telling people to leave comments on my blog?  Well turns out I had that feature disabled for anyone who wasn't a registered blogspot user.  My bad.  Thanks PT for pointing it out.  Now you are free to post all the Nigerian ponzi scheme spam you wish.

In other ask and ye shall receive news, I've thought of a few things people can send me since many of you are generously offering and I'm stubbornly stonewalling...until now.  (EJ, I didn't forget to e-mail you, just haven't had a minute to concentrate on it.  I will soon.)  Behold my Afghanistan wish list:

-  A decent shower.  Ok ok fine.
-  Office decorations.  My office is a small square wooden closet.  The most prominent feature is a door to another small square wooden closet.  Some ideas: posters, pictures (of yourselves, preferably), flip calendars of the Dilbert or other varieties, and other work-appropriate stuff.  Think original Picasso.  Less good ideas: office gnomes, "Inspiration" posters, or anything with real value.
-  Special K, Protein Plus.  Just send it and keep your comments to yourself.
-  Coffee maker.  This one is for Gunny, I don't drink coffee.  I also know nothing about coffee or its various makers.  I would guess that actual coffee and probably filters or something would go with it.  Cream and sugar.
-  Sugar-free candy.  This one is for the Chaplain.
-  Mustard.  Preferably in little packets.  This one is for the people of Afghanistan, who apparently have outlawed the stuff.  Sage advice for Afghans: more mustard seed, less poppy seed.
-  Home-made anything.
-  Magazines.  Those who know me know my interests are quite limited...to, say, aeronautics, astronomy, sociology, psychology, history, current events, foreign policy, technology, cars, sports, music, nature, wildlife...you get the idea.  Mags that don't interest me will surely interest those around me.  Mags with nudity will get me sent home, so thanks for the thought, but no thanks.
-  Books: not room to store too many so I'll probably send them back when I'm done.  But anything you enjoyed I'll hopefully enjoy.

Ok that should get people started.  Don't say I never did anything for you.


 Special Fidelis

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can comment now! I bet you're going to soon wish I couldn't :-)

What if I made the special K protein plus into cereal bars? That would be a two-fer!

Keep the posts coming, Dave.

- P