I am an active duty officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. All views expressed in this blog are my personal views as an individual and not those of the Marine Corps or the Department of Defense.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time starts flying...

Almost two weeks in Afghanistan, and things are going great. In the first ten days I've already briefed the chief of staff (full bird col) and the CG (one star general) and both thought I did well. The CG said "you're kinda smart for a lieutenant, huh." I did not reply with "you're kind smart for a general, huh sir." Shoulda.
Only have a second on the computer, so just wanted to let everyone know that despite a very fast pace of operations and some very long days, I'm doing well, in good spirits, and not counting down the days just yet. Each day is so busy and so long it seems like a week, yet looking back it seems like we landed just yesterday.
My job is satisfying despite the political challenges of being on the CG's staff. In just the few days since our unit took over for the last one (called a RIPTOA - relief in place/transition of authority), we've already made some changes in my area that the Marines around us can see, and which hopefully make them feel a little more secure. Lots more to come in that department.
I still don't have wifi, which means I still don't really use my own personal computer, which is why no pics yet. I promise they're coming.
For now, gotta run.
Go Yanks.

1 comment:

Jamie Lawler said...

Glad things are going well and that you're off to a productive start. It's great seeing your updates. San Diego misses you.